Friday 11 September 2015

Face to Face Friday

I’ve never heard of this before, my Twitter activities have always been work orientated, so I was interested to see this trending today and look at some of the amazing transformations people have achieved.  There are some absolutely incredible stories out there of overcoming illness, relationship troubles, self-esteem issues and a whole host of other problems by simply losing weight.

Now I say simply but we know it isn’t simple.  Nor is it easy.  Chatting to a friend I started a debate that losing weight was more difficult than giving up smoking.  Now really I have no idea as I’ve never smoked in my life (I am opinionated though!) but my fundamental argument is that I need to eat to survive.  No one needs to smoke to survive, it may be addictive but it does not sustain life.  OK, the argument was abandoned but I still think I’m right.

Food is fuel, but it’s so much more.  It’s something we all have in common and it brings us together.  Whether it’s a family meal, a romantic dinner, a celebration – no matter what, we can share the event with those we care about and food.  

I believe that losing weight is the hardest thing ever, apart from maybe keeping it off.  It takes willpower, discipline, focus and an unwavering belief that your life will be better if you are not overweight.  The thing is – it is.  

Whether you can now move better, move more, achieve a previously unachievable goal or even just cross your legs or tie your shoelaces there are a million little things you can do when you’re not very overweight that make your life easier and more fun.  

So share your ‘Face to Face Friday’ photos, your personal journey and if you can inspire just one person to do the same, you know you’ve given them the tools to improve their life, achieve their very own little things and be confident that it’s the little things in life that matter.


Kathy xx

 
This is my face to face Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment