Monday 13 August 2018

Syn free hummus and pita chips

After making the apple roses I had bits weight watchers wraps left over.  Anyone that knows me knows I hate waste, so I decided to trial making pita chips, nothing ventured and all that.  Anyway, they turned out surprisingly well – I even tested them on a real crisp lover who gave me a shocked face and said they were ‘almost as good as Kettle chips’ – praise indeed.

Syn free hummus and pita chips
I however thought they were a little dry, but I don’t eat crisps which meant I had to make hummus to go with them (like you do)…

I took a plain version of hummus (there are loads online) and added Nigella seeds -which are like a black onion/mustard seed.  It sounds weird but has a really smoky taste, if you haven’t tried it before you will probably like it but get some and add to a tiny dot of the hummus, if you don’t like it you can leave plain or add a roasted pepper or caramalised onion for a more traditional combo.

This is perfect for lunch picnic, BBQ or any time you need to make something quick and portable and will keep a couple of days in the fridge.

If you’d like to try the syn free hummus and pita chips the recipe is here 

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment