Thursday 6 September 2018

Syn Free Southern Meatballs

I based these meatballs on the ones in the new Take 5 Slimming World cookbook.  Personally I don’t like the idea of curry and sweetcorn in a meatball so I mellowed the floavurs (in my opinion) by using a piri piri and Italian seasoning combo.  It’s still got a spice to it but the Italian herbs adds a flavor plus I didn’t want the curry aftertaste.  I’d rather make a keema if I’m doing that.

Also, I added an egg to bind the mixture and extra food (ok, I really did fiddle with the original recipe!).  I did this because I want the meatballs to hold together

These meatballs are so versatile, they freeze well, you can have them in the fridge to snack on, you can make a sauce and have with pasta or in a wrap as a filling lunch!  

Syn free Southern style piri piri meatballs
If you’d like to try the syn free Southern style piri piri meatballs the recipe is here

Enjoy!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment