Thursday 4 February 2016

Jaffa Cake & Strawberries and Cream Syn Free Jellies

It was a syn free taster night at class this week and I couldn’t decide whether to make Faux-ribos or chocolate jellies.  Clearly I don’t have enough to think about as I was pondering this dilemma as I was driving about at the weekend and decided to try a combination of the two!  Mentally going through my cupboards at home I realized that I had orange jelly and orange yoghurt as well as chocolate orange options so clearly I had to make jaffa cake jellies.  But of course.

Jaffa cake jellies
Now I admit that I love jaffa cakes and had very high hopes for these sweeties and they didn’t disappoint – yay!  The taste was absolutely spot on and whilst clearly the texture isn’t the same as a biscuit (or cake, whatever they are) the flavor is absolutely there.  


It makes me smile to share them at class and see someone’s face light up as the taste hits them.  Very, very satisfying.

Clearly making one batch wasn’t enough and it was suggested that I also try strawberries and cream, so I did and yup, these taste absolutely awesome too.  

Strawberries and Cream Jellies
I can’t decide which I prefer, today the jaffa cake flavor wins but strawberries and cream is so refreshing and sweet that it’s a super close second.  Maybe try both and see which you prefer?  I’ll keep having a think and let you know what other flavor combinations hit me.

Kathy xx



No comments:

Post a Comment