Wednesday 8 February 2017

Dinner in a Hurry

We can’t always make dinner from scratch and sometimes the best plans of defrosting a bulk cook for dinner just don’t really appeal - for me that’s when it gets a little tricky.   I’ve been following Slimming World for two years now and cook all the time but yesterday just couldn’t really be bothered and didn’t have much time.  A trip to M&S for their skinny sausages had proven they are still somewhat elusive but I got the skinny meatballs instead with no idea what to do with them.   

A  poke through the fridge and I decided to bake the meatballs as I grilled some halloumi, pepper and red onion.  The meatballs are syn free and the halloumi is either your HEA or 5.5 syns depending how much you have (that’s for 35g). 

Syn free meatball kebab
As everything was cooking away I put a green salad on the plate and just arranged like a (stickless) kebab.

It was good, tasty and quick but still really convenient with the added bonus that it didn’t blow my food optimizing out of the water.  Definitely doing that again.

The whole M&S Skinny range is syn free and quite often on offer, I’d absolutely recommend giving it a try.

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment