Monday 14 January 2019

Chilli Meatballs with Green Rice

This is a very simple recipe, another using things from my cupboards really.  I’ve started doing batch cooking more and am trying to add something different every week so there’s a variety in the freezer for the week when I have little time to cook and heating a healthy meal makes sure I don’t stray too far off course

1 syn spicy chili meatballs with green rice
The whole dinner comes in at 1 syn a portion which is really good for a meal this size and could be completely syn free if you made up your own chilli seasoning mix (I usually do but for this I cheated and used a packet as I was pressed for time)

The great thing here is that this recipe makes 60 meatballs and whilst they take a while to shape, once you’ve done them you have a LOT of meatballs to go at!  As you can see, I had them in sauce with green rice but I also took some not in sauce to work for lunch and had them in lettuce cups instead of wraps or bread – as there’s seasoning in the meatball itself and not just the sauce it was still a really good way to have a super low syn meal at my desk

If you’d like to make the almost syn free chili meatballs and green rice my recipe is here

Enjoy!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment