Monday 14 January 2019

It’s cocktails but not as we know them

Dry January is here and nope, I am not loving it at all.  Everyone that knows me knows I love a glass (or three) of wine but, well, you have to do what you have to do.  I had too much over the holiday season and it’s head down and focus for a few weeks which means no wine.  Or prosesso.  Or gin.  (I see a theme here...)

Syn free mocktails for dry January
During the day I drink coffee, sparkling water and squash but on an evening I like to have something different almost as a treat so I’ve made a mocktail in my trusty gin glass.  This is pink lemonade with gin & tonic flavoring and fruit.  Now don’t get me wrong, this tastes nothing like a G&T but it does taste different to my day time drinks which is half the battle (the other half being a mix of stubborness and willpower!).

It sounds silly but just using a different glass, trying a new squash or even flavouring like this can really help keep you on track and distracted from he booze.  If you’ve other ideas for good mocktails let me know!

Sticking with it for another couple of weeks so watch this space for more attempts at pretending I don’t miss wine!

Enjoy!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment