Monday 14 December 2015

Syn free stuffed mushrooms

I try to have a meat free day at least twice a week, I’ve found for me personally it helps manage my weight loss and am always looking for different things to make.  

Syn free stuffed mushrooms
Stuffed peppers and mushrooms have always been a favourite of mine and I decided to try them but using veggie sausages instead.  The only veg sausages I have are Linda McCartney rosemary and caramelized onion - I find the others a bit megh, these are a really good standby but I have to admit that I cook them far longer than you’re supposed to as I find that it improves the texture slightly.  Anyway, I digress. I don’t cook them for this recipe, defrost and squash but no cooking.  

As you can see, I added cheese which was my Healthy A for the day and I'm glad I did as it protected the rice from the cooking heat and stopped it going a bit crunchy.

Overall this is a very tasty meal.  I’m probably at the wrong time of the year as it’s more a summer dinner but, well I saw the mushrooms in tesco and just decided to give them a try.  I’ll try with peppers next.  The quantities on my recipe are for four but I made two, just put the rice mixture in the fridge overnight and had it again the next day….no problems at all.

So yes, definitely worth having as a big lunch or light dinner.  The recipe is here

Cutting down on red meat overall is a good idea health wise and I often have curried muffins on a week night if I'm in a rush as I can nuke them from frozen if I didn't plan especially well.  Increasing my veg has always worked for me and when others in class try it they seem to find the same, so it's very much worth a try.  I'll keep looking for good veggie recipies and look forward to sharing them.

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment