Tuesday 1 December 2015

Finally, a pudding I’m not embarrassed to serve!

OK so being on a diet, or living with healthy eating options is straightforward until it comes to puddings.  I really struggle as by their very nature they are usually super sweet, chocolate, pastry cream filled calorie bombs.

That in mind I decided to have a couple of my friends from Slimming World over and challenged myself to come up with something low syn but still fun and interesting.  I’ve used the basic faux-ribo idea and made it into a far more impressive, multi-layer fruit terrine which came in at about 1.5 syns for a huge slice…the accompanying shot was more syns!!!!

Orange Terrine with Ginger Shots
It was a hit, we all really enjoyed the freshness of the mandarins and it was a realy refreshing end to a meal.  I’m definitely going to try it again and next time I think will use raspberries and/or strawberries for an even lower syn option but you can try this orange recipe here.

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment