Monday 19 September 2016

1 syn popcorn scan bran muffins

I’ve been missing ‘proper cake’ recently, I wanted something to go with my coffee that didn’t break the syn bank and ideally used up some of the scan bran in the cupboard!  I’ve made chocolate orange scan bran muffins recently but when I went to get the scan bran I found some popcorn in the cupboard that needed using too and decided just to combine everything in a more chocolate-y, denser cake.  Now I thought it would be like rocky road but that wasn’t the case, the popcorn sort of dissolves when cooked…it doesn’t leave air pockets behind, instead it seems to thicken the scan bran mixture leaving a firmer cake. 
Popcorn scan bran muffins - 1 syn each

Tried it out of my friend at the weekend and she said it’s great, maybe slightly biased but even so at 1 syn each and 1.5 if you already had your HEB they’ve got to be worth a try right?  The recipe is here 

Enjoy!

Kathy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment