Tuesday 20 September 2016

Piri Piri Chicken with Roasted Veg and Cous Cous

I admit that on first reading this sounds like a lot of flavours, or maybe like I had a load of leftovers and just dumped them on a plate but really not, it was inspired by a lunch I had at the pub the other day.  I ordered something similar thinking I was being ‘good’ but when it arrived I think it had more oil and butter than the burger and lasagna I’d considered combined! 

Piri piri chicken with roasted veg, cous cous and feta
Anyway, it was delicious (and probably worth the half gain!) so I’ve created a slimming world friendly version and have to say, for my taste, this is much nicer.  The meat has more flavor with the piri piri spices and everything comes together lighter and cleaner if that make sense?  I’ve made it without the feta, it’s better with but still good and I’ve tried it with prawns instead of chicken, that’s absolutely delicious as well.

Give it a try, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how flavorsome and filling this meal is and at only 3 syns for the feta it’s a great main course for hardly any syns.

This is a 1 syn portion of the piri piri chicken
Quick tip, roasted veggies and chicken can all be cooked in advance and frozen, if you do that just defrost in the fridge during the day, makes this meal a five minute throw together – even better!

The recipe is here if you’d like to try it for yourself

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment