Friday 6 November 2015

Banana choc chip Weetabix muffins

I admit it, it’s my birthday tomorrow and I decided that on my pre-birthday eve (yes, that does exist!) I wanted to have something different and a bit of a treat.  I’m pretty much always very good so of course it had to be chocolate and banana seemed like a good partner in crime.


So here we are, my beloved Weetabix muffins with a birthday, chocolate twist.  They’re ¾ of a syn each when using as your heb to my Slimming World family and to everyone else, well they’re diet food that doesn’t taste nasty!

They’re different – more solid/less squidgy than my blueberry and apple muffins but really great for a treat.  I’m finding that these and the cherry bakewell ones are almost like puddings or treats and so low in syns that I never feel like I’m dieting, plus I can have them in the car when I’m on the go.  Taking a lot of beating for my breakfast attention!!!!

Banana choc chip Weetabix muffins

But back to the birthday bit, this morning I was getting ready for work and realized that this will be the first birthday in about 15 years where I haven’t been plus sized.  The journey so far has taken about 7 months and I’ve been thinking what to wear to celebrate.  I don’t have many clothes now although some pre-birthday gift shopping has somewhat rectified that (yay!) however I’ve a couple of ideas and know that no matter what I pick this is the first year of many that I won’t have to be upset that I didn’t manage to lose weight.  Again.  This year I did and I couldn’t be prouder of myself and more grateful to the people around me that have supported me.  That’s the best birthday present there is.

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment