Monday 11 January 2016

Slow cooked syn free shredded chicken tikka masala

I’ve lowered my target and have a couple more pounds to lose in order to get to my new, 6 ½ stone weight loss goal.  One of the things I wanted to do to help was look at old food diaries and see what contributed to the bigger weight loss weeks (I always keep a food diary and at the end of the week record the weight loss/gain that week’s menu saw).

One of the things I noticed was that I seem to lose more weight when I mix up my food, a good balance of meat/fish/chicken and a couple of veggie days if possible.  Seems to keep my body on it’s toes and stops me getting bored too!

So this weekend I decided to try something different with chicken, I have a lot of mince meals in the freezer and fancied a change.  I batch cook to make my life easy in the week and I decided to play with the SW recipe and see what I came up with.  I have a pot in my slow cooker that divides the whole thing in half so I also tried the chicken fajita. 

Pulled chicken fajita (left) and tikka masala (right) in the slow cooker

Both are shredded recipes and I have to say that the chicken tikka was delicious, really tender and tasty.  The chicken fajita one not so much, it was ok but not even close to as good as the curry.  Also, there’s not onions or peppers in the recipe, it’s just chicken and I’ve subsequently found out that it’s just as good cold, it’s going to make a great salad option and even something I can take and pick at when we have picnics in the summer.

Pulled chicken tikka masala - syn free
The slow cooker pulled chicken tikka masala recipe is here.  It might need marinating but trust me, it’s worth the effort and planning!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment