Thursday 21 January 2016

When the cravings hit!

The longer I’m on my diet, 9 months now and counting, the more I find I’m missing the oddest things.  Recently it’s been chocolate and the other day it was flapjack.  It’s a case of either having a little bit of what I want or a lot more of a ‘diet’ version and as I like my food (a lot!!) I’ve been creating new recipes to have more of the fake foods.

Chocolate has been straightforward.  I’ve been making my chocolate jelly sweets every few days in different flavours but at the moment the chocolate mint version are by far the best, they’re chocolate-y and refreshing so really good after dinner.  I had a couple of After Eights the other day after a curry (ok, so I’m not always managing to stay on it!) and of course they’re better but these are only 2 syns for the whole lot vs 2 syns per chocolate so to me it's totally worth it.  The taste is there, it’s the crunch that’s missing….I could cover them in a little chocolate but that kinda defeats the object!
Choc mint jellies
For my flapjack craving I made Cherry Bakewell Oaty Muffins.  They’re good but they’re not a flapjack.  I made them quite deep, had I done the same ingredients as a thinner cake I think it would’ve been more flapjack like but they are still really good and quite filling.  Two is a HEB and whilst I’m not swapping my Weetabix muffins for them yet I think they’re a nice alternative.


Oaty Cherry Bakewell Muffins
I’m continuing with the diet swaps as I’ve lowered my target again, this time it’s 6 ½ stone and I’m only a pound off.  The weight loss has slowed down but as it’s been the holiday and party season I’m encouraged that I haven’t gained at all, a couple of maintains and a couple of small losses see me at 90 pounds lost in 41 weeks and now it’s time to focus and get that final pound, shiny sticker and certificate…

Kathy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment