Wednesday 25 May 2016

Syn free Weetabix cookies

Today it’s all about the cookies.  As anyone that knows me can attest to, I pretty much always eat Weetabix muffins for breakfast (unless I’m at my parents when only my Mum’s bacon butty is happening) so it was a big deal for me to decide to try using my Weetabix for something else - but I could be tempted for cookies!!  

Weetabix cookies
 These Weetabix cookies are syn free if you use as your heb, bear in mind that if you’ve already had it they’re 6 syns per batch and if you add anything not syn free you need to syn that too but a portion makes 6-8 cookies and they’re still low enough to have more than one!!!


So they couldn’t really be more simple, Weetabix, sweetener, milk and an egg with whatever flavourings you like.  I made a few different types to try; the orange and ginger are really good and syn free but for two syns the chocolate are yummy.  I added coconut essence to one batch and salted caramel to another but orange would’ve worked too.  If you want to give them a go the recipe is here

There wasn’t one cookie flavor I made that I didn’t like (yup, I ate them all!!!).  If I had to pick I’d say the chocolate were the best but there’s not a lot in it and as with these things it depends on your personal taste.  I’ll see what other combinations come to mind and add them as I try them out.

Two portions, four flavours...perfect to go with a coffee!
Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment