Tuesday 17 May 2016

It's tapas time!

Recently I was chatting to a friend about afternoon tea and how I’ve never done that and wasn’t really sure I’d want to, they’re not very Slimming World friendly and I don’t like mayo so I’m kinda in trouble really but we decided there was a gap in the market for savory afternoon teas.  This lead into a more in depth discussion as to what we could have and to cut a long story short I wanted to make some savory bites that would work for afternoon nibbles, parties and that type of thing.  

Obviously I wanted these treats to be little flavor bombs so they’re going to need marinating in some cases – I’ve found that removing the fat can remove flavor so it’s got to be replaced with herbs and spices.  Yes, this is more faffing about than opening a box of starters from Tesco but that’s ok, sticking to the diet whilst having tasty food that non diet friends can enjoy is very, very worth it.

So I have a few to share with you to try, I’ve yet to have anyone say they’re disgusting but that could be my friends are too polite!  Anyway, give them a try and see what you think, I’ll keep adding to them and combine them all on a tapas/party nibbles page to make it easier.  So far we have:

Enjoy!

Kathy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment