Tuesday 31 May 2016

KFC Style Syn Free Chicken

I’ve been on a bit of a mission to come up with some different party/picnic/finger food ideas for the summer.  Over the winter I tended to make chilli, stews, that type of thing but now the weather’s started to get better I wanted to think about slightly lighter foods that can go on my salads but also be in the fridge for when I get a bit peckish.


These KFC style chicken nuggets are perfect really.  They’re slightly spicy and really good hot but you can have them cold just as easily and they don’t taste any different really.  I’d suggest a SW BBQ sauce as a dip or some passata and put some chilli flakes and mixed herbs in before warming through. 

KFC style chicken nuggets - syn free!!
I had veggies and a few actifry chips with mine as I didn’t have the dips to hand, it wasn’t as dry as maybe it looks.  Oh, and let me be super honest, I had wayyy more chicken than this photo shows, I just had to make room on my plate first!!!!

Syn free KFC Style chicken with veg

Give them a try, the recipie is here - I think these syn free chicken nuggets are really great for a quick, fakeaway meal and the extras don’t hang around for long!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment