Tuesday 15 November 2016

Syn Free Pork & Fennel Italian Meatballs

I’ve had pork mince in the freezer a while waiting for inspiration, when I finally decided to create Italian inspired pork and fennel meatball.

Syn free pork and fennel Italian meatballs
 Sometimes pork mince worries me as it can be bland and tasteless but not with these meatballs, the fennel gives them an almost Italian sausage flavor and there’s enough dried herbs in the recipe to make them really tasty.  

As they’re totally syn free I always think it’s a good idea to make a huge batch and freeze some for later, I made 35 and whilst I admit a few were tasters I’ve served this to friends, it’s my dinner tonight and there are still serval portions in the freezer for after work or when I just can’t be bothered to cook.
Pork & Fennel syn free meatballs on courgetti spagetti
You can serve with pasta, courgetti spaghetti or rice.  It all works…crumble some cheese on the top if you like and you’ve got comfort food at its best.  Also, they make great tapas or starter ideas for parities and tasters….our non slimming world friend never know the difference!!

For the recipe click here

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment