Tuesday 30 June 2020

Vegan Salted Caramel Chickpea Blondies


These vegan chickpea salted caramel blondies are absolutely amazing.  They're not Slimming World friendly but sometimes that's ok, they're healthy and vegan if you swap the honey out, vegetarian if you don't

This recipe is a strange on for my list, it’s not slimming world and unlike me it’s vegan or vegetarian depending whether you use or substitute the honey BUT it’s a chickpea brownie which caught my interest, well a blondie which is a brownie without the brown!

I created a salted caramel flavour as personally I love it.  You could do almond or vanilla, whatever you liked but I can’t tell you how delicious these are exactly as I made them

Vegan salted caramel chickpea blondies

You have to put to one side in your mind that these are made from chickpeas, I promise you that you’d never know this wasn’t a ‘proper’ brownie.  It’s moist and squidgy, absolutely full of flavour and had I not made them I would’ve sworn black was blue they were made by Nigella herself

But they are far more calorific than anything I usually make.  As a guesstimate I would say they’re 150 calories a slice which is about 7 or 8 syns so will kill a Slimming World day but if you want to make vegan brownies for yourself or a friend who is vegan please, please try these as you won’t be sorry. 

The recipe for vegan chickpea blondies is here

Enjoy

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment