Thursday 2 June 2016

The lunch dilemma

Part of the reason I put on weight was lunch; there’s no getting away from the fact that if I eat a big white baguette with butter, chicken and bacon accompanied by a bag of crisps and haribos for lunch every single day I’ll struggle to lose an ounce!  

Over the past few months I’ve basically been having different salads every day instead and yes it’s helped…I’ve lost more than 6 ½ stone so obviously it’s made a massive differenc but that’s become incredibly boring and it’s time to branch out into new things.

Part of my dilemma is that I don’t want to use up all my syns before nighttime in the event I end up having a day that calls for a (huge) glass of wine - so lunch has to leave me with at least 8 syns just in case (I’m not sure if that’s what we mean about forward planning but it’s planning so I say yes).

Today was the first day for leftovers which I always suggest in class and never do for myself, but I’m going to start because it was actually surprisingly good!  I had pulled pork and corn in lettuce cups and it was such a welcome change– even though it could be argued I’m actually still having a salad, the fact that it’s in a different shape is good enough for me to feel like I’m having a treat.  I didn’t add any BBQ sauce to the pork as I didn’t want any today but often I do and I confess that I don’t make my own, I just syn it out at 1 syn per squirt as I don’t think I’d like my own bbq sauce so I just use the bought stuff (that’s about as lazy as I get).

Syn free pulled pork in lettuce cups
 So this was today’s lunch and the sandwich eaters in the office had total food envy, which made my diet lunch seem less like a diet…perfect.

The pulled pork is slow cooked and the recipe is here.  I always make as much as I can because it freezes really well (without sauce).  Great for making you the envy of everyone at work or you want a really tasty syn free lunch that doesn’t seem like a run of the mill salad.
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment