Friday 24 March 2017

Coconut Raspberry Mini Sponges

I’m from Yorkshire and was brought up having cookies or cake for elevenses and threeses (maybe part of the reason I gained weight!).  Anyway, I’m always looking for great cake ideas and this is no exception.  These mini sponge sandwiches come in at only ½ a syn each which is really good, I know I’d rather have six of these than a hi fi bar anyday!!!!!

Coconut raspberry mini sponge sandwiches - only 1/2 a syn each!
The inspiration for these mini cakes came from a Victoria Sponge cake published on a great website called Pinch of Nom.  I didn’t have the almond flour for those cakes and changed the recipe to accommodate what I did have in the house, ending up with coconut almond cakes with raspberry jam.  

They are absolutely delicious, because it’s coconut flour the cakes are denser than some others on slimming world and you feel like you’ve had something akin to a treat…the recipe is here as is a link to the original recipe for the Victorian Sponge cakes if you would like to try them too!

Enjoy!
Kathy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment