Friday 3 March 2017

Birthday Treats Without the Syns

Anyone that knows me knows I have one of my best friends round every Friday for dinner, she is the (sometimes unfortunate) recipient of my new recipe ideas and invariable she goes home smelling of garlic and full which makes me very, very happy.

Birthday low syn treats!
Last week was her birthday and I decided to do a cake plate for her as a celebration pudding.  Between us we’ve lost over 11 stone so it’s an homage to our Slimming World journey as all the treats are low syn (discounting the Prosecco!).

We had all her favourites, fake Ferraro Rochers which are 1 ½ syns each and taste exactly like the real thing, baked oat cookies and baked oat muffins.  I made the cookies Christmas style with added mincemeat and walnuts and the muffins were heart shaped and had a few chocolate chips….well, it was her birthday!

I love that just adjusting recipes and making small changes can help us on the weight loss journey, it’s got to be a change to your way of life, otherwise the weight comes back on very quickly – well it does for me – and seeing treats like this and still maintaining my 7 stone loss proves it can be done with everyday tweaks.

Wherever you are on your journey I hope you take te time to have treats and enjoy it too, check out the sweets and treats page for some ideas, it’s here

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment