Tuesday 7 March 2017

Syn free Breakfast on the Go

I love baked oats and have them pretty much every day with a huge bowl of fruit…it’s been my go to breakfast for the past two years and it’s been a staple as I’ve lost my seven stone and kept it off for more than a year.   
 
You’d think I was the most boring breakfast person every but that’s not quite the case, I mix up the flavours every other day and love the fact it feels like I’m starting my day with cakes (excellent start!!)….there’s the added bonus that when I’m out and about I just take them with me and I’m still on track, routine helps me stick with the plan so whether I’m in the office, working from home or travelling about the country I have my trusty Tupperware with cake and fruit to keep me going. 
Some days I have the syn free version and others I’ll have a Nutella treat version, depends where I am in target if I’m honest!
Syn free baked oats
Anyway, the other day I decided that instead of muffins I’d make baked oat fingers or soldiers to dip in a fat free yogurt for a change.  I’d found a great stackable box (£1.79 at Aldi of all places- couldn’t not buy it really!)...so here’s my breakfast – almond baked oat fingers (there’s a cherry Muller light in the fridge so it’s a Bakewell breakfast) with fruit salad and a strawberry carved into a rose.  Yes it’s an effort but I never, ever hate starting my day when I have this to look forward to.

I know it’s a pain, I make baked oats every two days whether I want to or not.  I find time even if I have to stay up late as, to me, it starts my day off on plan which means I’m more likely to stay on track…plus I like to eat a LOT!  

I get out of my weight loss what I put in so routine and planning sometimes keep me going when I don’t have the time or energy to think about what I’m doing. If you want to give the baked oat muffins a try the recipe and some flavor combos are here

Enjoy
Kathy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment