Tuesday 7 March 2017

Syn Free Cottage Pie

I love cottage pie for two main reasons (1) it gets sneaky veggies into me that I normally pretend don’t exist and (2) it has cheese on the top!  I used the cheese as part of my HEA so the meal was syn free.
Syn free cottage pie
Now I’ve been on Slimming World a couple of years I’m mixing up what I eat so I don’t get stuck in a rut and decided to go for an old favourite as it’s been pouring down and a little comfort food goes a long way!  

Cooks note: I had a potato left over and baked it as a jacket while the cottage pie was cooking, scooped and mashed the insides and mixed with a little extra of the cottage pie meat and restuffed the jacket, popped a little cheese on the top and it went back in the oven to melt.  These double stuffed potatoes freeze really well and are always super popular (you can also mix with bacon and onion for a really tasty option).

While the weather’s a bit miserable give it a try, the recipe is here

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment