Tuesday 16 January 2018

Chocolate orange scan bran muffins

OK, we all tried scan bran hoping it would taste like a delicious cracker but sadly no, I always think it tastes like a cross between a piece of cardboard and shoe leather.  Clearly that aside every so often it’s worth giving something a go with this challenging ingredient and I think I cracked it and at only 1 1/2 syns each they're a great use of your allowance.

1.5 syns each for my chocolate orange scan bran muffins

These chocolate orange muffins are actually really good.  They’re quite dense and have a nice consistency, plus there’s the added bonus that the orange comes through and they taste pretty good.
I make them when I’ve got SW friend coming over as a serving is too much bran for one person (well, I think so!) and with that in mind I tend to make a batch and everyone has a couple.

If you want to try them the recipe is here

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment