Wednesday 31 January 2018

Syn free cous cous muffins

We talked about these in class last night and how they’d be a great alternative to the baked oat muffins as you’d still have your HEB to use later in the day.   I admit it, I pulled a face at the idea, sounded absolutely minging if I’m honest but the idea of still having my HEB to use later in the day spurred me on to try them and, truth be told, they’re absolutely great!  I made lemon and blueberry as I've a load of blueberries to use up but you could pretty much do what you want flavor wise.

Syn free cous cous lemon & blueberry muffins
They’re probably a slightly lighter texture than baked oats, the cous cous being less dense than porridge oats but overall not a lot of difference.  Only thing I’d say is they could maybe do with more flavouring than baked oat muffins but that may have been my choice of lemon as it’s slightly more subtle than almond or salted caramel.


Cous cous muffins work out at 0.25 syns for all 6 (I don't syn 18 cooked blueberries, but plese feel free to) which is 0.04 per muffin to be exact.  I sounds ridiculous saying that so I've gone with syn free but if you want to count it all - including the blueberries - then I'd suggest 0.75 of a syn for all six

Give them a try, they're absolutely worth it.  The recipe is here

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

4 comments:

  1. Please share how you lost 100 pounds in 10 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ate healthily and did a little exercise, not even a lot...cutting down the fat and carbs really helped.

      Delete
  2. What is the ingredients and method please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find ingredients and method here http://katsdietkitchen.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_79.html

      Delete