Friday 11 March 2016

Diet sausage and peppers in a hurry

Sometimes I work from home and need to have a quick lunch at my desk.  Usually it’s just a salad or something similar but recently with the cold weather I’ve been wanting a meal that’s hot and well, tastier than a boring salad really.  My latest effort was a speedy version of sausage and peppers using a mix of leftovers and stuff from the freezer.  Coming in at 3 syns I have to say it was very worth it. 
 
I used NuMe Cumberland sausages from Morrisons low fat range.  Now I appreciate that they sound disgusting but trust me.  I’m a Yorkshire girl and I like sausage sandwiches so I’ve been on a hunt for something that doesn’t have 7 syns each whilst not tasting like a shoe heel.  I don’t like the Slimming World ones from Iceland, they’re disgusting (although the burgers and meatballs are good) and I’ve been having the chicken Italia sausages from Heck that are ½ a syn each.  They’re good but they’re chicken and while the taste is there they look like chicken sausages so it’s not quite doing it, and then I found these!  The low fat Cumberland are 1 syn each which isn’t bad at all, I’d thoroughly recommend them

Anyway, I digress.  It’s taking longer to write this post than make lunch.  

Put some garlic fry lite in a pan, chop the sausages and throw them in.  Give them a few minutes as you want to warm them through.  I added red onion, a red chilli chopped finely and chopped peppers straight from the freezer and when it was almost done I added a small amount of rice left over from the day before.  I usually cook my own rice but this is Tesco frozen rice and goes in the microwave – 3 ½ minutes from freezer to plate and it’s syn free so another bonus shortcut et voila.  Diet sausage and peppers in a hurry.



I’m looking at some other quick meals for busy nights and lunches, so watch this space!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment