Tuesday 8 March 2016

Slow Cooked Pulled Pork

I love pulled pork and have ever since I lived in New York.  It didn't take much to adapt my old recipe to be more diet friendly, but even so I kept the brown sugar as it's really important for the overall taste and the couple of syns is has divided over the number of portions means it's almost nothing.

BBQ sauce is a different matter, personally I never find the diet stuff as nice and I'd rather for both taste and convenience sake use the one from a squirty bottle!  It's one syn per squirt (basically) although I'm probably a bit generous.  I do have the pork in lettuce cups rather than wraps or bread and tend to have a mix of peppers or corn (or both!) as added veggies.

Pulled pork in lettuce cups


The pork (without BBQ sauce) freezes really well and is one of my favorite 'come home to' meals after class as it takes less than five minutes to warm up pop in lettuce cups and serve.  All done.  If you want to give it a try the recipe is here

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment