Tuesday 8 March 2016

Scan Bran Carrot Cake Muffins

These muffins are perfect to have in the cupboard when you want something to go with a coffee on an afternoon.  They’re essentially scan bran and egg with carrot, so depending on what you have for your HEB on a day they’re virtually syn free (the syns coming from 3tbsp of mincemeat which is 6 syns across 18-20 muffins).  
 
I’ve made both the carrot and banana versions of this muffin and I have to say whether it’s my cooking, taste buds or what they don’t taste massively different to me so I go with carrot as I don’t have to syn the cooked fruit!  I’ve also somewhat meanly shared with friends who do not like carrot cake who said they liked them until spotting a bit of carrot and realizing what I was up to (I do that a lot, I’m a sneaky cook!).

Carrot Cake Scan Bran Muffins
Fair warning though, these are really difficult to just eat one.  My diet buddy often comes round on a Friday night and we can easily eat 8 between us as we chat and drink coffee, so be warned – they’re moreish, great for sharing and I find worth having in the house all the time plis in an airtight container they will stay moist for a good 4 days....the recipe's here if you fancy giving them a try!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment