Wednesday 18 January 2017

Jammie Dodgers - Slimming World Style

OK so I admit it, they’re probably better described jammie cookies that are the sort of long lost cousin of a crispy jammie dodger but sometimes on the weight loss journey you have to do what to have to do!  

A ‘normal’ Jammie Dodger is 4.5 syns for one (!!!) and these come in at 2 each (using your HEB) – they can be less syns if you make smaller ones but personally I wanted a big cookie with a good dollop of jam so instead of the usual six cookies per portion I only got four of these.

Low Syn Slimming World Style Jammie Dodger Cookies
They’re really good still warm although be careful with hot jam, I have an asbestos mouth and still I was slightly cautious but with a cup of tea in the afternoon it really hit the sweet spot.

This cookie is made from a basic, plain recipe and there are loads of varieties you can try; lemon and ginger, chocolate chip, raspberry and white chocolate, Christmas….you get the idea.  Same basic mix, different flavours.  Even if you’ve used your HEB and have to syn them I’ve found they’re much more filling than normal cookies and my non slimming friends all like them too, then again who doesn’t like warm cookies?

If you want to give the jammie dodger (or any cookies) a try the recipe is here

Enjoy
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment