Monday 9 January 2017

Loving Leftovers

Friday night I did an (almost) syn free Indian banquet with two different syn free curries, rices, Bombay potato and some 1 syn onion and carrotbhajis.  It was all absolutely delicious and I had a few bits leftover.  Not wanting another curry per se the next day (plus most of it had been eaten!) I decided to combine the keema and peas with a spicy rice, add some egg to bind everything and stuff it into peppers.  It was absolutely delicious and a really great use of what I had left without having what would’ve been the same meal two days in a row.

Syn free spicy stuffed peppers
I covered the peppers with foil so the filling didn’t dry out or the rice go crispy, cooked for 45 minutes on 180 and they were great – surprisingly filling.   Definitely worth trying and I think maybe experimenting with different ‘stuffing’ ideas but a really good syn free dinner.

If you want to make the keema for your own party and have leftover peppers the recipe is here

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment