Friday 26 August 2016

Cherry Chocolate Fakewells

I admit it, these have only been made to use up quark!  I had some left over from making the apple and spice flapjacks and decided that I’d try making quark icing.  I had glace cherries staring up at me and decided to make a chocolate cherry fakewell baked oat muffin with white chocolate icing (as you do). 
Low syn cherry chocolate fakewell tarts
Basically it’s the ususal baked oat muffins but with icing and a cherry on the top.  Not rocket science I admit but it’s taken the humble breakfast muffing to a new level, without going made on the syns.

With the oats as your heb these are only 1.5 syns each (if you’ve had your heb they’re 2.5 – 0.5 of which is the cherry!).  

For me, they are really great little cakes and perfect to serve up to friends, especially with the gooey chocolate middles.  A not so indulgent treat!

Give them a try, the recipe is here

 Enjoy!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment