Wednesday 24 August 2016

Low Syn Banana Bread

I think everyone likes banana bread, with a cup of coffee it’s the perfect way to take a few minutes out on a day.  Rather than miss out on my moment of peace and quiet I’ve created this low syn version which comes in at about 2 syns a slice depending what you add to it.  Unsurprisingly for me, I went all out adding chocolate chips, walnuts and sultanas but I didn’t add 25g of each…couldn’t decide which I wanted so I went with them all!!

Low syn banana, walnut, choc chip, sultana bread!
A word of caution – this is not the same consistency as a ‘normal’ banana bread but anyone that’s been on SW a while will expect that.  It doesn’t have any butter and there’s less flour and a higher egg ratio so it’s lighter, more airy if that makes sense.  But it is very, very good, just different. 

Comes in about 2 syns a slice for this banana bread
Because it’s so light the ‘extras’ tend to sink but again, that’s ok as the taste is absolutely spot on.
If I didn’t put you off (!!!!) the recipe is here – really, do try it … I shared it at class and was very pleasantly surprised how much everyone liked it.  Hope you like it too

Enjoy
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment