Monday 8 August 2016

Crustless Quiche

At the weekend I went through my old Slimming World magazines, cutting out and keeping the recipes I liked or wanted to have a play about with and getting rid of anything else.  I’d been given a great present - a big polka dotty folder and loads of plastic pockets so off I went, paper and old magazines everywhere. 

Anyway, I came across a recipe for crustless quiche which I’ve always thought sounded disgusting.  I mean I’m from Yorkshire and to me the whole point of quiche is the pastry - it's the best bit…so I’ve never done it.  Anyway in the magazine it looked ok, but I wanted to try make it more to my style and taste.  At dinner that night I made loads of extra roasted peppers and onions so I wouldn’t  have to do them again and just threw that, lots more bacon than the original recipe allowed for and Italian herbs into the eggs, milk and (loads of) cheese and hey presto it worked!

Syn free (HEA) crustless quiche
Now, depending how many portions you make it is actually syn free.  There are three HEA portions of cheese and ½ in milk.  The whole quiche is 6-8 slices which means using your HEA it is totally syn free, if you don’t it’s going to be 3-4 syns a (huge) slice but you have to have your syns somewhere and trust me, this is a very decadent place to have them.

Bacon and roast veg quiche
You can change it up, adding whatever combination of flavours you like but to me this was a great start.  If you want to try, the recipe is here

No comments:

Post a Comment