Wednesday 31 August 2016

Fruity Chocolate Scan Bran Muffins

Anyone that’s looked through the cakes and treats I’ve made knows at Easter I did a chocolate orange scan bran cake with golden chocolate eggs.  It was very, very successful and the other day occurred to me to give it a twist.  I made chocolate orange scan bran muffins closely followed by a chocolate strawberry version.   
Chocolate orange scan bran muffins

Chocolate strawberry scan bran muffins
I've written the recipe for the strawberry version but to make the orange ones just swap the strawberry essence for orange and decorate with orange segments rather than strawberries – it’s as simple as that!

These buns are 2 syns each and take 5 minutes in the microwave, they’re perfect to impress unexpected guests or take to taster night when you forget!  Plus for me they’re pretty much the only way I could eat scan bran, that stuff is like nibbling on a shoe!

The recipe is here, give them a try for nothing else it’ll use up that scan bran hiding at the back of the cupboard!

Enjoy
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment