Thursday 4 August 2016

¾ Syn Jaffa Cakes

Anyone that knows me knows I love a good cookie, ok I love a bad cookie sometimes too and every so often anyone on a diet really misses something specific….Roll round to me missing Jaffa Cakes, no idea why, it’s not like I used to eat them every day or anything but I really missed them so into the kitchen I went to see what I can do.

It doesn’t always go right, I started out with 16, tried a few different things and ended up with four that were spot on…but that was just fine as I had to eat them to check and yup, all four were exactly as I’d hoped (and the other four that fell into my mouth were ok but not as good!).

Low syn jaffa cakes - 3 = 1 normal cake!
Now making these is slightly more fiddly than my usual ‘chuck most stuff together and bake it’ method but for a change, and for a really good faux Jaffa Cake these will totally be worth the extra effort PLUS at only ¾ a syn each I can have three instead of one ‘normal’ Jaffa cake so I’m totally sold!  If you want to give them a try the recipe is here

Enjoy!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment