Monday 22 August 2016

Spicy Roasted Chickpeas

I don’t know about you but sometimes I miss crunchy food and I really miss peanuts.  Never really ate them a lot but I think when you want to have something you want to have it if that makes sense and at the weekend I wanted peanuts.  At around 8 syns for 25g that’s just not happening so I decided to make my own version….roasted chick peas!  OK, it doesn’t sound great but give them a chance.  It’s very simple and they really did taste like roasted nuts!  I chose to do piri piri flavour and have to be honest and that they were excellent.  Really spicy and crunchy and I served them still warm which was good too.  

Syn free Spicy Roasted Chick Peas
Going to try a few different flavours depending what spices I have in the cupboard and look for some inspiration in the peanut aisle but absolutely give these snacks a try, they’re totally perfect for when you’re watching TV.  The recipe is here.

Enjoy

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment