Monday 27 June 2016

100 pounds gone for good!

I’ve been at my personal target weight for about four or five months now and when I go to class and we have lots of new people they don’t know what the ‘before’ me looked like, so when we go round and our consultant says my weight loss people sort of do a double take…it still makes me smile – yes, of course I can see the loss but to me I’m just me, so every so often I try to do a before and after comparison to see how I’m doing, remind me how far I’ve come and encourage me to stay on track.

This is my latest go.  I admit I look a bit knackered but I’ve been getting up at 5am to get some stepper time in as I’m focused on toning which, on the wrong side of 40, is not as easy as I thought it would be!  

100 pounds gone for good in a year
Regardless of how tired I was, I still think there’s a massive difference.  I’m a few pounds off 100 pounds down with Slimming World but I’d lost a bit before I started so I’m comfortable saying this side by side is easily 100 pounds difference.

It’s still incredible, I wake up (early!) and some days look to check I didn’t put it all back on overnight, but no I didn’t and I won’t ever put it back on.  I’ve got an incredible group of friends to support me, they helped me relax into target, which was far more difficult than I’d thought it would be.  We go out, eat out and buy new clothes.  We had my first afternoon tea and I ate the lot...trust me it wasn’t a hardship but it’s great to be able to relax, just a little, and enjoy the journey.

Personally I find being at target more difficult than ‘dieting’ as there’s more leeway for extra syns/calories/treats which is always a temptation…I like my treats so it’s all a new lifestyle but when I look at photos like this I know that I can do it and I’ll support all my friends to do it if they’re ready as it’s so incredibly worthwhile.

Wherever you are on your weight loss journey I hope you make time to take a moment and just look how well you’ve done, take a photo to track your weight loss and treat yourself.  Whatever you do I hope it makes you as happy as afternoon tea in my little black dress made me!

Afternoon tea...well, it was!!!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment