Wednesday 8 June 2016

Syn Free Pork Egg Fried Rice

Chatting to my friend this evening ended up in a conversation about our favourite Chinese food, mine is egg fried rice -  let me be honest I pretty much like everything on the Chinese menu but I’m partial to fried rice and decided that I wanted to makes some, so I would.  I had some pulled pork in the fridge already so obviously making pork fried rice was the natural choice.  I have to say it couldn’t have been easier plus it had the added benefit of being super quick.  I had slimming class this evening so I cooked the rice before I went which allowed for it to cool while I was out so it was just a case if heating things up which was perfect.

Syn free pork fried rice
I’d read somewhere that when you do the egg it’s better to work it in a side by side movement, but I have no idea, I did it anyway and it tasted good to me.

Clearly, this could be chicken or prawn fried rice or for our vegetarian friends mushroom would be a really tasty option especially if you have oyster or Portobello mushrooms to hand.

Anyway, the recipe I used is here, you don’t have to add red chilli – I like spicy food so I did but feel free to leave it out if you prefer.

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment