Monday 27 June 2016

Almost syn free Cottage Pie

I love batch cooking and often make a huge pot of mince in the slow cooker…it’s the base for loads of things - my shepherd’s pie, cottage pie, and lasagna plus I add beans and spices to make a chilli but everything uses the same ‘mix’.  It’s simple and easy to do and freezes really well.  

My cottage pie is 1 syn for the whole thing which I think pretty much classes as syn free as it makes about 8 portions and a real favorite of my dieting and non-dieting friends alike.  There’s a depth to the gravy mixture and the cheesy mash is a treat plus I admit I always have a really big portion because, well just because I can really!

Almost syn free Cottage Pie

Just so you know, I don’t freeze this pie as I don’t like the mash when it defrosts, I think it’s watery but I do freeze the mince mixture absolutely no problems.

Give it a try, it’s super tasty and the perfect thing when the weather is miserable out which right now is pretty much all the time! The recipe is here.

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment