Wednesday 15 June 2016

Baked Oat Muffins

Yes, I know I already made Nutella Baked Oats but, well, I really like them – they’re like cakes and let’s be honest who doesn’t like cakes – especially when you’re eating healthily.

Last night was taster and Man of the Year in class and there were some really great low syn or syn free things people had brought in including these baked oats but obviously they were cold.  Now I admit it, I sort of pooh poohed the idea of having them cold as I thought they’d be eggy but when my friend had it one on her plate it seemed rude not to eat hers.  So I did…as thrilled about that as she was I had to admit that it was really good still, this was the jam version rather than the Nutella I’ve made which made me think that (a) it was something I could take to work as a change from Weetabix muffins and (b) I wondered what they would be like in muffin cases as that would make them more poratable.

So anyway I gave them a try and have to say yup, absolutely a success.  The mix made six muffins which is your heb and I split a teaspoon of Nutella between three and a teaspoon of jam between the other three as a taste test.  

Baked oat muffins with jam and nutella
They came out really well.  Using the silicon cases is a key I’d say as they pop right out and can go in a box to work, picnics – whatever, but they are portable.  With regards the taste test, they’re both really good…I’d said that six was too many but I lied, I ate them all for breakfast and may need to try again tomorrow to see whether I like the jam or the Nutella most J
If you want to try them, the recipe is here.

Baked oat muffins (half a portion!)
Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment