Thursday 30 June 2016

Syn Free Fish Pie

I love fish pie but it can be such an enormous faff and super expensive to make so I created a new, simple version that can be from zero to on the table in about an hour.  

Basically I get the fish pie ‘mix’ at the supermarket which is pretty much available anywhere, it’s a combination of white fish, salmon and some smoked fish plus there’s the added bonus that it’s already cut into handy little chunks for me (another job saved).  I don’t pre-cook the fish, instead it steams in the pie which infuses flavor and saves the fish from over cooking and drying out.

To be perfectly truthful I’ve been making fish pie this way for years, long before I started on Slimming World and have served it to friends who absolutely loved it.  The smoked bacon is a lovely addition and gives a bit of extra texture.

For anyone on Slimming World the only syns are in the milk and cheese for the mash (hea) and a splash of white wine.  As most of my wine is going in the glass it really is just a big splash so I’m not counting it, even more appropriate when you think this pie serves four hungry people so it’s not even ½ a syn each.

Syn free fish pie

Try it, for anyone that’s poached, flaked, chopped, mashed, sautéed and stressed over a fish pie this will absolutely be your go to recipe!  It’s here to give it a try.

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment