Monday 20 June 2016

Strawberry Cupcakes

One of the ladies in class asked me if I had any ideas what to do with strawberry essence, I’ve been meaning to try the little strawberry cupcakes and as I had a friend was coming over for coffee I didn’t need any more excuses and I decided to try the strawberry cupcakes as a treat (they’re 2 ½ syns each which is more than my usual treats).

Strawberry Cupcakes
Well, what to say - they’re ok.  I think my biggest issue was the fact I got all excited and ate a couple warm and they really do better to be cooled (like the recipe says!)…for my taste they were a little bland and dense, more like a ‘normal’ cake so probably better for our non-dieting friends.  I decided to give them a flavor boost and made pink almond icing which I think saved the bun but I’m biased and I like almonds.  Maybe I’ve been spoilt as I’m finding it difficult to pick fault in the baked oat muffins (especially the Nutella ones!).

To be fair, once these little buns had a big dollop of almond icing, a strawberry and had been dusted with icing sugar they were a lovely treat with a cup of tea and yes, I’ll make them again although I may make them into lemon instead and add some zest for a little extra zing.  Give them a try and let me know what you think, the strawberry cupcake recipe is here

Enjoy!
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment