Thursday 9 June 2016

Chocolate Baked Oats

One of the ladies in our group shared an absolutely delicious looking Bakewell Baked Oats the other day and I really wanted to give it a try but I didn’t have any jam.  Not to be put off I decided that I’d make a chocolate version instead as I had Nutella in the cupboard to make low syn chocolate brownie bites (lucky I didn’t eat it already).  

Anyway, my friend came round and I decided to test my little experiment on her…I needn’t have worried, it was soooo good and felt really decadent.  The baked oats I’ve found before can be a little bland but adding almond essence (and chocolate) definitely made them something I’d try again!

Chocolate baked oats
If you want to give them a go the recipe is here and the Nutella can be swapped out for a cherry or raspberry jam to make the Bakewell tart version which I’m determined to try next....

Enjoy
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment