Monday 6 June 2016

Low syn chocolatey oaty cookies

This weekend, despite the heat, I was on a mission to find a decent chocolatey cookie.  I admit it, I’ve made some absolute minger disasters on this cookie journey that I decided in my defence to not share.  The porridge oats ones looked (and tasted) like a rehydrated packet – which they pretty much were - with the added insult of being very floppy.  My choco shot cookies were like little sloppy disasters but my faith in the cookie has been restored with these chocolatey oaty cookies.  

Low syn chocolatey oaty banana cookies!
They’re great, as the basic mix is so few ingredients and very versatile you can pretty much do what you want to them or use what’s to hand, upping or lowering the syn value as appropriate.  The oats/Nutella mixture is 9 syns if not using the oats as your heb and 4 if you are – for all six cookies, not bad at all!!!   I added banana and walnuts this time but you could add sultanas, choc chips, marshmallows, all sorts.  These cookies will totally work with it all and are a nice change from hi fi bars.

The recipie is here, I’ll be making more in the future and will let you know how the other flavours turn out!

Enjoy
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment