Friday 16 October 2015

A coffee a day

I think a lot of people will agree with me that dieting is hard.  For me, every day I have to say no to things I enjoy like wine, Haribos, wine, cheese, wine, bread…oh, did I mention wine?  That sounds really bad…anyway, moving on.  There are some things I have that I’d have even if I wasn’t trying to lose weight.  I’d have my Weetabix muffins, baked salmon and faux-ribos no matter what as I really enjoy them but also I love my coffee.


Anyone that knows me knows I lived in New York for more than a decade.  It was an incredible experience and I thoroughly recommend everyone go if they can.  The people, the City, everything is wonderful but while I was there I developed a taste for Dunkin Donuts coffee.  Not the plan stuff, that would be too simple.  I like the flavoured coffee and love hazelnut and French vanilla, I think theyhave more now but I’m not sure.   

Special working at home treat of Dunkin Donuts coffee
Sadly there isn’t a Dunkin Donuts nearby where I can get my beloved coffee and in between using what I have in store and while I’m at work I always have Douwe Egberts flavoured coffees.  I never have syrup as I don’t take sugar and don’t like anything that sweet but these are really, really good plus they’re syn free.  

Flavoured coffees
So whilst this isn’t exactly food, I do drink a lot of coffee and apart from the fact it makes me very excitable it’s a really good way to have something I love that doesn’t make me feel like I’m on a diet, which in my humble opinion is the key to sticking with it and one of the reasons I didn’t give up.

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment