Monday 26 October 2015

Slimming World Potato Poppers


With the party season almost here, I’ve been thinking about little nibbles I can serve to my guests that won’t push me off track and the first one I’ve come up with is potato poppers.


Basically is an adaptation of my sausage rolls with mashpastry and it’s Smash, rolled out and cut into rounds that are filled with whatever you want.  The recipe and a bit of a how to guide if you want to see what I mean is here.

I made mine with a few different fillings:  slimming world meatballs, laughing cow cubes (1/4 syn each), the cheese cubes with bacon.  You can stuff them with whatever you like including caramelized onion, peppers, sausage – pretty much anything but I tried these three flavours first.  The laughing cow cubes work really well because they don’t melt and disappear, you still have a gooey cheese filing when they’re cooked.

As you can see, I heated some passata and just added some chopped fresh basil to serve.  It’s incredibly easy and perfect for party finger foods.

Slimming World Potato Poppers

I’m sure there are loads of different potential fillings, I’ll keep trying new ones but for now these are most definitely a hit!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment