Monday 19 October 2015

Sausage Rolls but not as we know them!

Our Slimming World group has a Facebook support page where the groups run by our consultant trade ideas and offer support to each other.  At a recent taster one of the other groups had Slimming World sausage rolls which looked great.  They were made with bread and I decided to try them with Smash potato as that would be sausage and mash on one bite – sounded like a good idea at the time!



I cut them when serving and they were more like sausage and mash poppers but I have to be really honest and say they’re not bad.  OK, it’s not like having a Greggs sausage roll but it’s syn free and just another thing I can eat.  Now the weather’s getting colder I’ve been looking for ideas as I think my salad’s will get cut back and these see like a really nice idea for lunch.  I think I can try tweaking the recipe and adding bits like caramelized onion or herbs, maybe even incorporate bacon medallions or swap for the Heck chicken sausages at some point but for now it was good enough to see if the idea worked and was it any good.....yes and yes!

It’s easy and reasonably quick…my friend from class was over while I made them and we both agree that they’ll be something we make again.

So another hit in Kat’s Diet Kitchen…now it’s time to fiddle with the ingredients and make it really tasty!

If you want to try the Slimming World Sausage Rolls with mash pastry the recipe is here

Enjoy!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment