Monday 12 October 2015

Curry in a Hurry

As you know, I am absolutely not a fan of processed food but every so often I’m tempted to the dark side.  Over the weekend I found myself in Iceland (as you do) and decided to give their new Spicy Chicken Tikka sauce a try.  We’ve been talking about the new Slimming World range in class and, well I was there and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

To make it even more processed I decided to use Iceland pre done chicken tikka strips, they’re fat free (and syn free for my SW friends) and ready in 3 minutes.  
 
Doesn’t get much easier right?

OK, I’m still me and I did make it slightly more complicated, I added onions, garlic, chilli and peppers first to give the sauce a base.  Then I added some Tikka dry spices and before throwing in the defrosted sauce and the defrosted chicken.  While I was doing that I boiled some baby new potatoes and drained, cooked them with the same spices but added mustard seeds and black onion seeds plus boiled some basmati rice which I also sprinkled with black onion seeds to make the flavours cohesive.

This is the result:

Slimming World Tikka Masala with Bombay style potatoes and Basmati rice


I have to say it was really good!  The entire meal took me about 20 minutes including making the Bombay style potatoes from scratch and there was more than enough for a few portions for the freezer.

OK, I will never be a processed food fan but this was a good emergency find and we’ll see if the scales like it this week!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment