Monday 26 October 2015

Crumble for breakfast!

Anyone that knows me or my weight loss journey knows that I’m a stickler for my Weetabix Muffin and fruit breakfast, but there comes a time (normally on a weekend) when I want to mix it up a bit.
The Slimming World website has warm oats as a suggested breakfast choice so I thought why not.  If they were nasty I could always bit them…I started off by making my cherry bakewell muffins just in case.  If the oats were bad I had breakfast and if they were good I was all set for my Monday morning commute (smart!).

Warm breakfast oats with mixed fruit

When they were cooking away I decided to give the oats a shot and it couldn’t really have been any easier.  When the recipe is basically ‘throw everything in the bowl, stir and cook’ I know it’s a Sunday morning I can deal with!!

What I wasn’t prepared for was how absolutely delicious they were…and I mean really, really good in fact it’s like having a crumble for breakfast, or a warm fruit flapjack which, in my book, can only be a good thing!

Give them a try, the recipe is here and very much worth a go!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment